The Bird & Babe Public House

We offer pithy pontifications by the pint-full, and the best brain-food this side of Blogsford. There's no cover charge, and it's all you can eat/drink (although we strongly encourage moderation). Like any other pub, we always appreciate a good tip.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Good Quote

I came across this quote from Aristotle, and when I read it many thoughts came to me. The biggest thing that this quote does, I think, is forces a great deal of introspection...

"It is a mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Curious to see if any of you have any thoughts concerning this???

1 Comments:

Blogger DrewDog said...

I don't know if it is a mark of an educated man, but I do know that it is a wise thing to do.

I think this blog is an example of a bunch of men who do this very thing. Any time we explore and idea or issue to which we have not come to a settled conclusion, I would like to believe that we are entertaining thoughts without accepting them... at least at first.

In fact, I would argue that profitable dialogue can only occur when this pratice is excersised.

May 25, 2006 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home